Monday, November 15, 2010

We carry a sensitive cargo

The Barrie mother, Francis Elaine Campione, who drowned her two very young children was found guilty of first degree murder today. Three things really telling: she referred to them as "my" children, she felt god believed her, and she felt he had won. The first two act as the self-entitling empowerment to do what she did but it's the third thing which I figure is what pushed her over the edge that night. The court appearance was only a day or two away and she probably saw the writing on the wall... she was going to lose custody.

It's time for the family law judges to stop pussy footing around with separating parents. Default shared parenting is the only way I can see any rapid improvement occurring, and after these Campione type stories, i want RAPID change!

I've been reading the comments people have been making all day about this story and now it's past my bedtime. The post title here will link you up to the story and some 400 comments...

I've been most remiss with posting. Just after my last post, after seven long years of custody battling, we transitioned to equal shared parenting using a week-about framework.

So soon (I promise) I will post again to discuss the future of family law and the future of my family : )

No comments: